WIC+ is pleased to announce that our mentorship program has been expanded by the department to include the entire incoming cohort. All first-year graduate students are paired with another graduate student. This mentor serves as a resource and guide during through the new student’s first year and beyond at MIT. Mentors are a valuable resource for academic advice in topics such as classes, teaching, choosing a research group, work/life balance, and even information about fun activities in Boston and Cambridge!
WIC+ still provides mentorship events on top of the new departmental programming, and is excited to welcome the incoming 2021 cohort this fall.
Fall 2019 Events include:
- Ice Cream Social (open to the whole department) – August 29th
- Coffee dates with mentors – ongoing
- First year dinner for mentors and mentees – September 20th
- Women in Chemistry Mixer – September 27th
- Mentor-Mentee Board Game Night – November, TBA
- Hot Chocolate Social – December, TBA